Transport your taste buds, no matter the season.
We absolutely love healthy baked goods. You know, the tasty treats that would normally expand your waistline and burden you with frightening amounts of sugar, reinvented in ways that offer nutrients and won’t compromise your weight loss goals. When it comes to nutritious oven-baked treats, these Best Ever Applesauce-Spice Muffins top the charts! Moist and mouthwatering, these muffins make a filling on-the-go breakfast or sweet-tooth satisfier when those sugar cravings are calling.
Best Ever Applesauce-Spice Muffins
- 2 1/2 cups white whole-wheat flour
- 1 2/3 cups coconut palm sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 cup walnut pieces diced
- 1 apple cored, peeled, and diced into 1/4-inch pieces, (Gala or Golden Delicious, are good choices)
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups applesauce no sugar added (recipe)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place paper or foil muffin cups in muffin tins. In a large mixing bowl mix together all dry ingredients.
- Add walnuts and toss with dry ingredients.
- Add remaining ingredients in another medium bowl, whisking until combined. Pour wet ingredients into dry and stir just until combined.
- Fill 18 muffin cups 2/3 full and bake 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool before serving. These muffins are even better the second day!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Love healthy versions of baked goods as much as we do? Let us know! Leave a comment in the section below about this article or anything else on the site.