These exercises focus on shaping the glute muscle to give you the butt of your dreams.
Building the butt of your dreams is easier than you think: You just need the right moves. The key to a nice and round butt is building the glutes from every angle. These seven best exercises for a round butt are all isolation focused to work the large glute muscle. More glute work means more shaping and growth.
Grow Your Booty with the Right Foods
But Wait! If you really want to increase the size and firmness of your bottom, it is imperative that you eat the right foods! Protein is absolutely essential for building and re-shaping your muscles, but so are carbs and fats! Your diet should be made up of lean protein like fish, chicken, eggs, and legumes. You should get your carbs from whole food sources like grains, oats, fruits, and veggies. Lastly, your daily menu should contain plenty of healthy fats from nuts, seeds, and more!
If that sounds a little complicated, fear not! We’ve got you covered. Just check out some of these meal plans that can help you build your booty and shed excess fat:
- 7-Day Whole Foods Meal Plan for Beginners
- 7-Day Lean and Clean Meal Plan
- Change Your Body with this 28-Day Meal Plan
7 Best Exercises for a Round Butt
What you need: The only thing you’ll need for this workout is a variety of dumbbell weights or kettlebells. Recommended weights are listed below based on your fitness level.
What to do: Perform each exercise for 12 reps per leg. Complete both sides before moving on. Since the goal is building a bigger, more shapelier butt, the focus needs to be on muscle isolation and perfect movements. Complete four rounds, resting for 30 seconds between exercises and one minute between rounds.
This butt workout is great for all fitness levels. The only difference will be the weight you use. Beginners should use 10 to 15 pounds, intermediate 15 to 20 pounds, and advanced fitness peeps should do 25+ pounds. We’ve included instructional videos for each move below. Be sure to watch each of them before you begin in order to avoid injury.
- Pencil Squat: A fun exercise that targets inner and outer glutes. Be sure to squeeze at the top!
- Dumbbell Squat to Overhead Press: Push the weight upward using the momentum from the squats. This will give an extra booty boost.
- Donkey Kick w/ Dumbbell: One of the best booty building exercises to isolate the glutes. Get used to the exercise before you add a dumbbell.
- Single-Leg Glute Bridge: More isolation to help really focus on building the glutes.
- Curtsey Lunge: These helps build the side of the glutes to make your butt round from all angles.
- Clam Shells: More isolation work to build your inner thighs and glutes.
- Sumo Squat: A great exercise to build your quads and glutes.
This butt workout requires energy and focus. Try any of these 18 Best Energy Bites Recipes to give you the fuel you’ll need to push through.
Dumbbell Squat to Overhead Press
Donkey Kick w/ Dumbbell
Single-Leg Glute Bridge
Once this butt workout becomes second nature, up the ante with our 30-Day Butt Lift Challenge.