Do you want to try clean eating but don’t have time to search for healthy, junk-free recipes? Maybe you want to plan meals that will help you lose weight, but you need recipes the whole family will enjoy? SkinnyMs. is a proud partner of eMeals, a service that solves those dinnertime dilemmas.
Emeals is a menu planning service that takes the uncertainty and hassle out of planning dinner. Their clean eating meals are focused on fresh, natural ingredients. That’s right, you won’t receive recipes using powdered cheese or instant potato mixes. What you will get are easy-to-prepare recipes that use ingredients you can actually pronounce—the kind you’ll feel good about serving.
Choose an eMeals Clean Eating Plan based on your family size. Each week, you’ll receive 7 tasty recipes, plus a detailed grocery list, in your inbox. You’ll also receive weekly sales for selected stores to help you save while you shop. Yes, it really is that simple.
It’s not always easy to incorporate an eating plan that is nutritious, satisfying, and doesn’t break the bank. Take the stress out of meal planning with eMeals Clean Eating Meal Plans– the perfect way to implement a healthy menu and slash grocery bills.
In the meantime, enjoy this free recipe for a Blackened Skirt Steak BLT Salad from the folks at eMeals. Whether you have a family carnivore reluctant to try a healthy recipe or you’re just a red meat kind of girl, this dish delivers! It offers muscle-building protein with a rich flavor you’ll enjoy. (Hint: Skirt steak can be tough to cut so try cutting it into thin strips across the grain.)
Yields: 8 servings | Serving Size: 1 1/4 cup |Calories: 244 | Total Fat: 12.0 g | Saturated Fat: 3.1 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 33 mg | Sodium: 240 mg | Carbohydrates: 15.5 g | Dietary Fiber: 5.1 g | Sugars: 4.4 g | Protein: 18.5 g |SmartPoints (Freestyle): 8
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound skirt or flank steak, trimmed
- 4 cups baby mixed greens
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 4 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat broiler. Combine paprika, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Brush olive oil evenly over steak. Sprinkle both sides with spice mixture, pressing to adhere. Place on a broiler pan. Broil 4 inches from heat for 8-10 minutes, turning once. Remove from oven; let stand 15 minutes before slicing.
- Combine mixed greens, tomatoes, bacon, and red onion in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, combine vinegar, oil, mustard, garlic, salt, and black pepper. Stir with a whisk and toss with salad mixture. Top salad with steak. Yields 4 servings.