Savory steak and tangy salad complement each other beautifully.
In the meantime, enjoy this free recipe for a Blackened Skirt Steak BLT Salad from the folks at eMeals. Whether you have a family carnivore reluctant to try a healthy recipe or you’re just a red meat kind of girl, this dish delivers! It offers muscle-building protein with a rich flavor you’ll enjoy. (Hint: Skirt steak can be tough to cut so try cutting it into thin strips across the grain.)
Blackened Skirt Steak BLT Salad
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound skirt or flank steak trimmed
- 4 cups baby mixed greens
- 2 cups tomatoes chopped
- 4 bacon pieces cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup red onion thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat broiler. Combine paprika, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Brush olive oil evenly over steak. Sprinkle both sides with spice mixture, pressing to adhere. Place on a broiler pan. Broil 4 inches from heat for 8-10 minutes, turning once. Remove from oven; let stand 15 minutes before slicing.
- Combine mixed greens, tomatoes, bacon, and red onion in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, combine vinegar, oil, mustard, garlic, salt, and black pepper. Stir with a whisk and toss with salad mixture. Top salad with steak. Yields 4 servings.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Are the nutrition facts for 4 servings or 8? The recipe says yields 8, but the bottom says 4?
Jennifer, The data is for 4 servings. I updated the recipe to reflect this number of servings.