It's always a good idea to have a light and (mostly) healthy dessert recipe in your recipe book.
It’s always a good idea to have a light and (mostly) healthy dessert recipe in your recipe book. Our Blueberry Tart with Walnut Crust has light, simple flavors and an elegant presentation that will make your guests think you worked for hours on it. Lucky for you, it’s actually a very easy dessert to put together. Plus, it won’t derail your healthy eating!
We’ve used low fat cream cheese and Greek yogurt to create a creamy, smooth tart texture and sweetened it only with honey. Walnuts and whole wheat graham cracker crumbs make up the crust, and it’s topped with fresh blueberries. Feel free to add or substitute other fruits; strawberries and blackberries would make an especially nice addition.
Blueberry Tart with Walnut Crust
For the Crust
- 1/2 cup walnuts ground fine
- 1 cup whole-wheat graham cracker crumbs
- 1 egg white whisked until frothy
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil melted
For the Blueberry Filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese or neufchatel cheese, fat-free, softened
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt plain
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 cups blueberries fresh
For the Crust
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well. Mixture should look like wet sand. Press mixture onto the bottom and sides of a removable bottom tart pan or cheesecake pan. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until crust is dry and darker in color. Cool completely before filling. Do not remove from pan.
For the Filling
- Whip together the cream cheese and yogurt until creamy and smooth. Add remaining ingredients, except for blueberries. Carefully pour into prepared crust, spreading evenly. Take care not to break the crust. Arrange blueberries on top of filling. Refrigerate at least one hour, overnight if possible, for tart to become firm. Carefully remove from pan, cut, serve, and enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
How did this recipe turn out for you? We welcome your feedback in the comments!