It's tangy and crunchy, while packing just the right spicy kick.
If you’ve never had the Bang-Bang Shrimp from Bonefish Grill, you’re missing out! It’s tangy and crunchy, while packing just the right spicy kick. Luckily, we’ve come up with our own version so you can try it from the comfort of your own home.
We skinnied up this Bonefish Grill Bang-Bang Shrimp Copycat recipe by first dredging them with skim milk, egg white, flour, cornstarch, and panko, then baking them instead of frying them. Our sweet and spicy sauce is made using just Greek yogurt, chile sauce, honey, and lemon juice.
Even if you’ve never tried the restaurant version, you’ll love our SkinnyMs. take on this dish! Enjoy it as an appetizer by itself, over Fried Rice, or with our Sauteed Bok Choy.
Bonefish Grill Bang-Bang Shrimp
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pound shrimp raw medium, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons Greek yogurt plain
- 1 teaspoon chile garlic sauce optional sriracha
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the milk, egg whites, cornstarch, flour, and hot sauce. On a plate, mix together the breadcrumbs, garlic powder, and paprika. Dunk the shrimp into the milk mixture then dredge in the breadcrumbs. Layer on the baking sheet and bake shrimp for 6 to 7 minutes on both sides.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
What are your favorite dishes to eat when you go out to a restaurant? How did this one turn out for you? Let us know in the comments section below!