This recipe puts a unique twist on traditional beans and rice. If you’re a fan of burrito bowls, you’ll love this flavorful, nutrient-rich Brown Rice & Red Beans Bowl! Steaming rice teams up with chewy, fiber-filled beans in the bulk of this meal. Corn kernels fresh from the cob offer bright, juicy flavor that pairs wonderfully with freshly chopped dill. Savory spices like paprika and cumin dress up the dish while adding a zesty kick. Complete with a drizzle of olive oil, these bowls are the perfect combination of tasty and satisfying. After cooking the rice, this meal comes together in a matter of minutes. It makes the perfect wholesome dinner on busy weekdays!
Yields: 6 servings | Calories: 221 | Total Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 409mg | Carbohydrates: 41g | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 2g | Protein: 7g | SmartPoints: 7
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice, short or long-grained
- 1 (15-ounce) can drained and rinsed kidney beans
- 1 cup corn kernels, cut from the cob
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped dill, loosely packed
- Cook rice according to package directions. Remove from heat and fluff with a fork.
- Add beans and corn to a pot with about 1/4 cup water, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Stir and cook for about 5-10 minutes, until heated through.
- Top rice with bean and corn mixture, drizzle on olive oil, and sprinkle with dill.
We need your feedback! Let us know what you thought about this article or anything else on the site. Leave a comment in the section below.