Serve this spin on buffalo chicken at your next game time get-together.
The craving for a crispy, fried buffalo wing dipped in fatty ranch dressing can be a powerful pitfall for some people…especially when it comes to game time parties! If you are struggling with that craving but trying to maintain your healthy lifestyle, this Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash is a must-try! We’ve combined shredded chicken, hot sauce, homemade ranch dressing, and low-fat cheese into a tasty, but healthy casserole. The spaghetti squash boats will fill you up, but without all the carbs. Plus, spaghetti squash is loaded with fiber, potassium, and several key vitamins. It has all the flavors you love without those nasty additives.
Serve this spin on buffalo chicken at your next game time get-together to replace those fatty wings, or just enjoy as a meal any night of the week. It reheats well, so it would also make a great lunch to take along!
Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash
- 1 spaghetti squash large
- 1 onion small, diced
- 2 carrots medium, diced
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 1 pound chicken cooked, shredded
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 1/4 cup Homemade Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup cheddar cheese low-fat, shredded
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup green onion chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Slice your spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds, then spray the cut side of the squash with a little olive oil cooking spray and place cut side down on the baking pan.
- Roast spaghetti squash for 30-45 minutes or until it is tender.
- While the squash is cooking, sauté the onion, celery, and carrots until softened and mostly cooked through.
- In a large bowl, combine the sauteed vegetables, chicken, hot sauce, ranch dressing, garlic powder, salt, pepper, eggs, and cheese.
- Once the squash is cooked through, allow to cool slightly then use a fork to scrape the insides into your chicken mixture, making sure not to tear the skins.
- Make sure that the spaghetti squash is well incorporated with the other ingredients, then divide the mixture between the spaghetti squash halves.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with the green onions and additional ranch or hot sauce if desired.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Other craveable food recipes to try:
What is your ultimate fatty food craving? Share with us in the comments!