Add some fruity tang to traditional carrot soup!
This powerhouse Carrot Apple Ginger Soup is nutrient-dense and a great choice for assisting your body with clearing out toxins and waste. Vibrant carrots, apple, white onion, celery, ginger, cinnamon, and vegetable broth are slowly simmered over low heat until tender, and then they’re puréed, which creates one of the greatest creamy nutritious soup recipes that is also vegan! When your looking for recipes for healthy soups, this one is a keeper. It tastes sumptuous without the addition of heavy cream or butter.
Carrot Apple Ginger Soup
- 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 cup white onion chopped
- 1 organic celery stalk chopped
- unrefined sea salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons ginger grated
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 pounds organic carrots cut into 1-inch rounds
- 1 large organic red delicious or Fuji cored and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 cups organic vegetable broth or stock
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup coconut milk can
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Place coconut oil in a medium-size pot and heat over medium heat until melted and hot. Add chopped white onion, chopped celery, and sea salt to taste. Cook over medium heat until tender around 4-5 minutes.
- Add grated ginger, cinnamon, carrot rounds, apple cubes, vegetable broth, and fresh ground black pepper to the pot. Cook soup over medium heat stirring occasionally until carrots and apple cubes are tender, around 30-40 minutes.
- Scoop cooked vegetables and apple from the soup into a high-speed blender and add coconut milk. Put the top on the blender and hold the top down with a towel or pot holder while you blend the hot vegetables/fruit to prevent the blender top from popping off. Blend vegetables and fruit until smooth and pour back into the soup pot. If you have an immersion blender, you can just blend all the ingredients in the pot.
- Stir soup until well combined and heat on low heat until hot but not boiling. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed. Stir in fresh lemon juice right before serving. Pour into the soup bowl and enjoy hot.
- Pour remaining soup into a heatproof container and cool slightly. Cover soup with a lid before placing in the refrigerator. Reheat soup for the dinner meal over medium-low heat.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
What’s your favorite soup recipe? Tell us about it in the comments section below!