It will be like having carrot cake for breakfast, but way healthier!
If you’re in search of a good muffin recipe that doesn’t use refined white flour or sugar, give our Carrot and Honey Muffins a try. Because it’s a SkinnyMs. recipe, these muffins are both healthy and nutritious. They’re made with whole wheat flour, while sweetened only with honey. We’ve also added ginger for spice and carrots for nutritional value.
With this recipe, you can make a batch of these muffins for breakfast and snacking all week. It will be like having carrot cake for breakfast, but way healthier!
Carrot and Honey Muffins
- 1 3/4 cup white whole-wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Greek yogurt plain
- 2 cups carrots peeled and grated
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease your muffin tins. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and ginger in a bowl. In another bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients. Slowly mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until you can poke them with a toothpick and it comes out clean. Cool before serving.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Other recipes you might enjoy:
What are some of you favorite vegetable muffins? Let us know in the comments section below!