If you’re in search of a good muffin recipe that doesn’t use refined white flour or sugar, give our Carrot and Honey Muffins a try. Because it’s a SkinnyMs. recipe, these muffins are both healthy and nutritious. They’re made with whole wheat flour, while sweetened only with honey. We’ve also added ginger for spice and carrots for nutritional value.
With this recipe, you can make a batch of these muffins for breakfast and snacking all week. It will be like having carrot cake for breakfast, but way healthier!
Yields: 12 muffins | Serving Size: 1 muffin | Calories: 185 | Total Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 134mg | Carbohydrates: 27g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 14g | Protein: 5g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 7
- 1 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cups peeled and grated carrots
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease your muffin tins. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and ginger in bowl. In another bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients. Slowly mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the you can poke them with a toothpick and it comes out clean. Cool before serving.
Other recipes you might enjoy:
What are some of you favorite vegetable muffins? Let us know in the comments section below!