For all you berry fans out there, this Strawberry Yogurt Muffins recipe is one you won’t want to pass up! Tinged with shades of pink, these cute, eye-catching muffins will certainly attract attention at your next picnic or weekend brunch.
With flavor reminiscent of indulgent treats like strawberry shortcake, these muffins will melt your heart. However, unlike many baked goods and decadent pastries, you can enjoy these muffs without any waistline-related guilt! In fact, this particular recipe calls for wholesome ingredients your body will thank you for. Along with powerful superfoods like oats and coconut oil, the recipe utilizes coconut sugar to naturally sweeten the batch of tasty treats. Greek yogurt packs in some satisfying protein, while offering gut-friendly health benefits and keeping the calorie count in check. Arguably the icing on the cake, the diced strawberries deliver vitamin C, fiber, and fruity goodness with every delicious bite.
An absolute must during strawberry season, these treats make the perfect sweet-tooth satisfier or grab-and-go breakfast recipe when you’re pressed for time!
Yields: 12 servings | Calories: 177 | Total Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 200mg | Carbohydrates: 24g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 12g | Protein: 4g | SmartPoints: 8
- 1 1/4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place muffin papers into tin. .
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk yogurt, egg, and oil together, then stir in strawberries. Pour wet ingredients into dry and stir just until combined.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full and bake for 25 minutes, or until golden and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool before serving. Enjoy!
Love the recipe? Hungry for more treats from the SkinnyMs. kitchen? Let us know! Leave a comment in the section below about this article or anything else on the site.