Potatoes aren't the only root veggies that taste great as fries!
On the outside, celeriac may look unappealing with its rough brown texture, but it has a surprisingly fresh flavor when cut into fries and roasted. It has a similar density to potatoes, but is much less starchy, which is perfect for those watching their carb intake. When served with a spicy dipping sauce, this recipe will become a favorite side dish for your favorite sandwich or burger recipe.
Celeriac Fries with Spicy Dipping Sauce Recipe
- 1 celeriac root large, peeled and cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt plain
- 1 tablespoon Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Toss the celeriac sticks with the olive oil and salt, and lay on a baking sheet in a single layer. Roast until browned and tender.
- Whisk the yogurt with the chili sauce and lime juice and serve on the side.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms