If you’ve ever cooked up a pot of healthy quinoa, only to be left uninspired by a bland meal, we’ve got a delightful quinoa dinner recipe that’ll perk up your tastebuds and leave you cheering for easy, peasy eats! Our quinoa bake combines the three major components of a SkinnyMs. meal. It’s easy to throw together, it’s filled with superfoods and clean eating ingredients, and it tastes absolutely out of this world. We concocted this recipe because of our love of Mexican flavors, and it’s been on our short list for dinner ever since.
This incredible Cheesy Quinoa Enchilada Bake is an absolutely delicious vegetarian meal. Full of protein-packed quinoa and black beans, we’ve also stirred in some purple onions and spicy jalapenos for savory appeal and a bit of heat. Add a dash of tang from diced tomatoes, and an absolutely delicious, and one of a kind, twist with our SkinnyMs. Enchilada Sauce, and you’ve got a winner. Slice some avocados and top of your meal with creamy, superfood goodness. The result? A dish that you can toss together in less than 5 minutes, then bake for 50 while you wash the dishes. When dinnertime comes, you’ll have a clean kitchen and an absolutely delicious Mexican inspired meal that’s sure to please healthy eaters, Mexican food addicts, and picky eaters alike. Serve it for a weeknight dinner with the family, or even bring it to your next potluck party.
Yields: 12 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 407 | Total Fat: 27 g | Saturated Fat: 14 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 65 mg | Sodium: 543 mg | Carbohydrates: 26 g | Dietary Fiber: 6 g | Sugars: 4 g | Protein: 22 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 15
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked
- 1 cup frozen corn (thawed)
- 1 1/2 cup tomatoes, finely diced
- 1 cup black beans, drained
- 1/4 purple onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced (optional)
- 1 cup Skinny Ms. Enchilada Sauce
- 3 cups reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1 avocado, diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa corn, 1 cup of tomatoes, black beans, diced onions, jalapeno, enchilada sauce, and 1 1/2 cups of cheese. Spoon into a 2-quart baking dish. Top with remaining cheese. Sprinkle with half of the cilantro, remaining tomatoes, and sliced olives. Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until the cheese on top is bubbly and melted.
- Remove from oven, top with remaining cilantro, and diced avocado. Salt and pepper if desired. Enjoy!
- Tip: My favorite way to eat this quinoa bake is to spoon some onto our Homemade Whole Grain Tortillas. Amazing!
Reader feedback is important to us. Leave us a comment below and tell us what you think of this article and what you’d like to see from us in the future.