Take your chicken salad to the tropics!
Everyone loves a classic chicken salad. The Waldorf, the Cobb, and the Chicken Caesar are all perennial favorites. But how about a dash of tropical flavor to refresh your palate, and a host of vitamins, nutrients, antioxidants, and potassium while you’re at it? This Chicken, Pineapple, and Mango Salad combines the lean protein in chicken with the nutritious power of tropical fruits. It’s a tangy, light meal that makes a great lunch or a terrific side salad, with no need for heavy dressings that add fat and calories!
Chicken, Pineapple, & Mango Salad
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 4 ounces pineapple fresh, diced
- 4 ounces mango fresh, diced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- parsley finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Asian chili sauce optional, to taste
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- baby lettuce
- Over medium heat, on a hot griddle sprinkled with salt, grill both sides of the chicken until cooked through. When they are cooked, shred them then set aside.
- Over medium heat, in a saucepan, put the pineapple and mangoes, extra virgin olive oil, wine and vinegar. Bring to a boil then simmer for 2 minutes. Turn off the fire and let it cool.
- Drain the excess liquid from the fruits lightly then mix them with the chicken.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, chili sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Garnish with the chopped parsley.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
We’d love to hear what you think. Leave us a comment in the comments section below.