Everyone loves a classic chicken salad. The Waldorf, the Cobb, and the Chicken Caesar are all perennial favorites. But how about a dash of tropical flavor to refresh your palate, and a host of vitamins, nutrients, antioxidants, and potassium while you’re at it? This Chicken, Pineapple, and Mango Salad combines the lean protein in chicken with the nutritious power of tropical fruits. It’s a tangy, light meal that makes a great lunch or a terrific side salad, with no need for heavy dressings that add fat and calories!
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe | Calories: 283 | Total Fat: 9 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 73 mg | Sodium: 323 mg | Carbohydrates: 23 g | Dietary Fiber: 4 g | Sugars: 13 g | Protein: 27 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 8
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 ounces fresh pineapple, diced
- 4 ounces fresh mango, diced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Asian chili sauce, optional, to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Baby lettuce
- Over medium heat, on a hot griddle sprinkled with salt, grill both sides of the chicken until cooked through. When they are cooked, shred them then set aside.
- Over medium heat, in a saucepan, put the pineapple and mangoes, extra virgin olive oil, wine and vinegar. Bring to a boil then simmer for 2 minutes. Turn off the fire and let it cool.
- Drain the excess liquid from the fruits lightly then mix them with the chicken.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, chili sauce, salt and pepper.
- Garnish with the chopped parsley.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce.
We’d love to hear what you think. Leave us a comment in the comments section below.