This fabulous taco or burrito filling will satisfy any craving for Mexican food. It’s filling, but not overly so, and the chipotle spice is completely customizable to your tastes.
Yields: 8-10 servings | Serving Size: approximately 3/4 cup and 1 tortilla |Calories: 309 | Total Fat: 5 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 37 mg | Sodium: 282 mg | Carbohydrates: 42 g | Dietary Fiber: 9 g | Sugars: 3 g | Protein: 24 g | Smart Points (Freestyle): 2 |
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey breast
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 cup frozen, organic corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, no sugar added (drained and rinsed)
- 1 (7 ounce) can chipotle peppers in adobe sauce
- 1 package of 8 to 10 corn or whole wheat tortillas
- Freshly chopped cilantro
- Fat freePlain Greek yogurt
- Salsa, no sugar added, low sodium
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, and garlic; heat til garlic is fragrant, about 4 minutes.
- Add turkey and brown; crumbling with a wooden spoon for about ten minutes.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients (from corn to salt and pepper) and simmer 10 minutes.
- Warm tortillas on stove or in microwave if you like(not necessary)
- Spoon 3/4 cup turkey mixture into each tortilla and garnish with a dollop of fat free Greek yogurt and freshly chopped cilantro. There is SO much flavor in this dish, there is no need for cheese!
- Note: The can of chipotle chiles easily will make a second batch of this recipe.Save the extra few chiles for next time. Also, can add a spoon of the adobo sauce from the can to the turkey mix. The chiles are an excellent substitute for any taco seasoning packet.
This recipe contributed by Dishing With Leslie