Cupcakes don’t have to have a permanent place on the no-no list! Our Chocolate Chip Protein Cupcakes allows you to enjoy a cupcake treat, so no more cravings or diet fails! The almond flour, coconut flour, eggs, and peanut butter frosting make these cupcakes high in protein, while the bananas and honey give it just enough sweetness to make it feel like a treat. Make a batch for the whole week and enjoy one for a snack, dessert, or even a breakfast on the go!
Yields: 12 servings | Serving Size: 1 muffin | Calories: 171 | Total Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 128mg | Carbohydrates: 19g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 14g | Protein: 4g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 8
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup no sugar added creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray muffin tin with non stick spray or line with muffin cup liners.
- Stir together almond flour, coconut flour, oats, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine banana, coconut oil, honey, egg, egg white, and vanilla. Whisk well. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture until just combined. Be careful not to over mix, a few lumps are ok! Add the chocolate chips and gently fold into batter.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake 15 to 20 minutes until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean. Drizzle with peanut butter icing.
- OPTION: 2 tablespoons of vanilla protein powder can be added with the dry ingredients if desired.
- In a small sauce pan on low heat, combine all ingredients and stir contently until all ingredients are melted and combined. The mixture should drizzle easily off a spoon, if not add a tablespoon of water until proper consistency is reached. Drizzle one teaspoon over the top of the Chocolate Chip Protein Cupcakes.
Check out our 20 Must-Try Protein Shake Recipes also for more high protein options!
What did you think of this recipe? Share your feedback with us in the comments! We’d love to hear from you!