Most of us wouldn’t think to use quinoa in the morning, but this recipe for cinnamon apple breakfast quinoa is a great way to switch up your typical oatmeal routine! By cooking the quinoa in naturally sweet almond milk, the grain takes on a rich and creamy texture. Pair this with the sweet crunch of a freshly diced apple, and you have a winning breakfast combination!
This healthy quinoa dish is a very hands-off meal, making it super easy to prepare! Who doesn’t love a no-fuss breakfast on a hectic morning?
Also, try some of these other delicious, yet nutritious breakfast recipes from SkinnyMs.
Cinnamon Apple Breakfast Quinoa
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup quinoa uncooked, rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon coconut palm sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup apple diced
- In a saucepan, bring water, almond, milk, vanilla, coconut sugar, and cinnamon to a boil. Add the quinoa, and reduce to a simmer.
- Cover and cook the quinoa on medium-low heat for 15 minutes (or until liquid has been absorbed)
- Fluff quinoa with a fork and gently stir in diced apples.
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our daily enewsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.