Next time that pancake craving hits, give our Cinnamon Bun Pancakes a try!
What do you get when you combine a steaming cinnamon bun with a hot, buttery pancake? Luckily, a healthy solution for your favorite breakfast cravings! Everywhere you look, you’ll find thousands of pancake recipes for every kind of healthy eating plan, but these really stand out. Our Cinnamon Bun Pancakes are made with clean ingredients while also staying gluten-free. Plus, they taste like a cinnamon bun! Instead of all-purpose flour, we used coconut flour, and sweetened them only with honey. We also added Greek yogurt for a boost of protein, and used coconut milk instead of regular.
Next time that pancake craving hits, give our Cinnamon Bun Pancakes a try! You can top them with maple syrup, fruit, or even a glaze if you want a bit more sweetness!
Cinnamon Bun Pancakes
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup Greek yogurt plain
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- In a small mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together yogurt, egg whites, honey, vanilla, and coconut milk. Gradually add flour milk to the yogurt mix. Gently stir until combined; if batter is too thick add a little coconut milk to thin until appropriate consistency is reached. Remove 1/4 cup of the batter into a small mixing bowl, combine with cinnamon.
- Pour cinnamon batter into a Ziploc bag and snip off a small corner of the bag, set aside.
- Lightly spray skillet with nonstick spray and heat on medium-high. Once pan is hot, pour approximately 1/4 cup batter onto skillet forming a pancake. Using the bag of cinnamon batter, quickly pipe a spiral onto the pancake, starting at the center and moving to the outside edge.
- When the edges of the pancake begin to look dry and bubbles in the center begin to pop, quickly but gently flip the pancake. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Repeat with the remaining batter.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Have a pancake obsession? You might enjoy these other 5 Healthy Pancake Recipes.
What’s your favorite pancake variation? Give us some ideas in the comments!
If I used whole wheat flour and low fat milk, would the measurements be the same?
Yes, they should be the same.