What do you get when you combine a steaming cinnamon bun with a hot, buttery pancake? Luckily, a healthy solution for your favorite breakfast cravings! Everywhere you look, you’ll find thousands of pancake recipes for every kind of healthy eating plan, but these really stand out. Our Cinnamon Bun Pancakes are made with clean ingredients while also staying gluten-free. Plus, they taste like a cinnamon bun! Instead of all-purpose flour, we used coconut flour, and sweetened them only with honey. We also added Greek yogurt for a boost of protein, and used coconut milk instead of regular.
Next time that pancake craving hits, give our Cinnamon Bun Pancakes a try! You can top them with maple syrup, fruit, or even a glaze if you want a bit more sweetness!
Yields: 3 servings | Serving Size: 2 pancakes | Calories: 192 | Total Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 9mg | Sodium: 629mg | Carbohydrates: 22g | Fiber: 5g | Sugars: 15g | Protein: 8g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 8
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- In a small mixing bowl, combine flower, salt, and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together yogurt, egg whites, honey, vanilla, and coconut milk. Gradually add flour milk to the yogurt mix. Gently stir until combined; if batter is too thick add a little coconut milk to thin until appropriate consistency is reached. Remove 1/4 cup of the batter into a small mixing bowl, combine with cinnamon.
- Pour cinnamon batter into a Ziploc bag and snip off a small corner of the bag, set aside.
- Lightly spray skillet with nonstick spray and heat on medium high. Once pan is hot, pour approximately 1/4 cup batter onto skillet forming a pancake. Using the bag of cinnamon batter, quickly pipe a spiral onto the pancake, starting at the center and moving to the outside edge.
- When the edges of the pancake begin to look dry and bubbles in the center begin to pop, quickly but gently flip the pancake. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve with you favorite toppings, such as fresh fruit, maple syrup, honey, or even a little cream cheese glaze for a sweet treat!
Have a pancake obsession? You might enjoy these other 5 Healthy Pancake Recipes.
What’s your favorite pancake variation? Give us some ideas in the comments!