This cinnamon rice milk is a great alternative to regular milk.
If you enjoyed chocolate milk as a kid, you’ll love this Cinnamon Rice Milk recipe. This drinkable treat brings you that rich, creamy goodness you loved in chocolate milk but without the sugar rush! It’s great by itself as a comforting treat, and this nutritious milk also tastes great in coffee, tea, or smoothies.
What’s the best part about this recipe? It’s a snap to make. Don’t worry if you’ve never whipped up nut milk at home before, either. Our Cinnamon Rice Milk recipe is perfect for beginners because our process is seamless and stress-free.
Clean-Eating and Nutritious!
This delicious cinnamon rice milk will liven up any recipe, and it tastes incredible on its own. It’s a tasty alternative to regular milk, creating a beverage the entire family will enjoy. As a bonus, it’s proof that nutritious foods don’t have the unusual or unappealing taste many people believe they do. It’s possible to eat healthily and still love the taste of the foods you eat. You can even get kids to eat healthy without any fuss when you create great-tasting recipes like our cinnamon rice milk.
How to Make Cinnamon Rice Milk
This delicious rice milk recipe is a snap to make. It only takes a few steps, and it offers incredible versatility when it’s finished. Use it in overnight oatmeal, cereal, your favorite coffee drinks, and smoothies. You can also double the recipe if you want to have extra on-hand for the upcoming week.
To make it, pour boiling hot water over rice and a cinnamon stick in a medium bowl. Cover the bowl and allow the mixture to soak for a couple of hours. Then, transfer the bowl’s contents to a blender along with vanilla extract. Blend until the rice and cinnamon appear finely ground. Pour this mixture through a fine-meshed sieve into a half-gallon sized pitcher.
Finally, add the strained residue back to the blender with milk (or alternative milk for a dairy-free treat) and maple syrup. Blend until it’s mixed thoroughly and pour the milk through the sieve and into the pitcher. Refrigerate the pitcher until it’s cold and ready to drink.
Cinnamon Rice Milk
- 1/2 cup long grain brown rice uncooked
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 cinnamon stick about 2 inches
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups milk we used low fat milk...alternatives: whole milk, soy or almond milk
- 1/4 cup 100% pure maple syrup
- Add rice and cinnamon stick to a medium bowl, pour hot water over, cover and allow to soak for 2-3 hours. Add rice along with water, cinnamon stick, and vanilla to a blender and blend until rice and cinnamon are finely ground. Pour mixture through a fine-meshed sieve into a half-gallon size pitcher.
- Add residue in the sieve back into the blender, add milk and maple syrup, blend until combined. Pour milk through the sieve into the pitcher. Discard leftover residue. Refrigerate until ready to drink.
- Pour milk over ice and enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
What did you think about this cinnamon rice milk? Are you going to give it a try? If so, how are you going to use it? Be sure to let us know your thoughts in the comment section!
Craving more incredible-tasting, healthy recipes? Check out some of our favorites:
- 13 Outrageously Yummy Dairy Free Milkshakes
- 15 Dairy Free Crockpot Dinner Recipes for Weight Loss
- Witches Brew – Mulled Cranberry-Apple Cider
- Zingy Pink Grapefruit Soda
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published on August 5, 2012.