Southwestern and Mexican dishes aren’t complete without a side of creamy and delicious guacamole. Unfortunately, not all guacamole is created equal. This healthy guacamole recipe is made with 100% clean eating ingredients, offers up just the right amount of tangy spice, and has a flavor that can’t be beat by store bought versions. Plus, with their healthy fats, avocados are powered up with superfood benefits.
Add a dollop of this classic guacamole on top of our Soft Chicken Tacos or Slow Cooker Enchiladas, or drop a spoonful atop one of our Soups and Sandwiches. To prevent the avocado from browning, we like to make this guacamole just before serving.
Yields: 12 Serving size: 2 tablespoons, Calories: 55 | Total Fat: 5 g | Saturated Fats: 1 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 164 mg | Carbohydrates: 3 g Dietary fiber: 2 g | Sugars: 0 g | Protein: 1 g | SmartPoints: 2
- 2 medium avocados, peeled and pitted 1/3 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeños, seeded, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Salt to taste
- In a medium mixing bowl, add avocados and mash with a fork. Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Add mixture to a glass container, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.