A delicious treat that's perfect for breakfast, brunch, and midnight snacking!
Banana bread made with gluten-free flour is nice, but stir in strawberries and suddenly you’ve got a treat that’ll make everyone smile for a month! This delicious banana bread is so simple to make, sweetened with a bit of coconut sugar (or pure maple syrup, if you please), then baked into two-bite mini loaves. You can also cook this recipe into regular-sized mini loaves, standard-sized muffins, or mini muffins. The batter works perfectly for every kind of baking pan!
Skinny Strawberry-Banana Bread
- 1 cup bananas over-ripe, mashed
- 2/3 cup coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup gluten-free flour blend
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup strawberries fresh, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk the bananas, coconut milk, maple syrup, chia seeds, coconut oil, and vanilla in a large bowl. Let stand for 5 minutes, until slightly thickened.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and cinnamon together and add it to the wet ingredients. Mix until just combined. Fold in the strawberries.
- Spray a 24-count mini loaf tin (or 36-count mini muffin tin) with nonstick olive oil spray. Spoon batter into baking tin. Bake for 8-12 minutes, or just until the center of each muffin springs back when touched lightly. Remove and cool.
- If desired, drizzle more coconut cream & chia seeds over cooked loaves. Serve and enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
We’d love to hear what you think. Leave us a comment in the comments section below.