Our whipped topping may be dairy free, but you’d never guess it. This delicious topping is a clean eating food and made from one of the healthiest superfoods on earth, the coconut.
Yields: 1 cup | Serving Size: 2 tablespoons | Calories: 170 | Total Fat: 10 g | Saturated Fat: 9 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 2 | Carbohydrates: 5 g | Sodium: 8 mg | Dietary Fiber: 0 g | Sugars: 4 g | Protein: 1 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 8
- 2 cans Coconut Milk, (Native Forest is recommended)
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid stevia, more or less to taste
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Refrigerate coconut milk 24 hours while still in the can. Turn can upside down and open from the bottom using a can opener. Pour off liquid completely. Retain coconut liquid for smoothies.
- Place solid coconut milk in a medium mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until thick and creamy. Add stevia and vanilla, continue beating 2 minutes. Store whipped topping in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Note: Other natural sweeteners can be used, i.e. Coconut Sugar, Turbinado, Organic Sugar, etc.. These sweeteners may make the whipped topping a caramel color but still taste great.
- Enjoy our whipped topping on our Creamy Green, with a Hint of Mint Smoothie, atop a slice of pie, Grandma's Applesauce Cake or your favorite dessert.