Delectable thumbprint cookies have earned their signature spot on cookie trays everywhere. Cherished for their smooth texture and buttery consistency, these classic cookies always bring smiles to family gatherings and holiday parties.
SkinnyMs. has created a delicious cookie recipe that’ll allow you to savor the scrumptious treat without the guilt. Our clean eating recipe calls for coconut palm sugar, a natural sweetener, along with wholesome ingredients like chopped walnuts and fruit-sweetened jam.
These Clean Eating Thumbprint Cookies are fun and easy to whip up! Simply roll into little balls, indent the centers with your thumb, and fill with a teaspoon of yummy jam. Get your friends together for a baking party. Don’t be afraid to get your hands dirty!
Yields: 32 cookies | Serving Size: 2 cookies | Calories: 223 | Total Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 19 mg | Sodium: 42 mg | Carbohydrates: 23 g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 10g | Protein: 4 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 10
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup pure butter, (optional coconut oil or a combination of butter and coconut oil)
- 1 large egg, separated
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour (white whole wheat was used)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1 cup crushed walnuts
- 2/3 cup (fruit-sweetened) jam (Polaner All Fruit Strawberry was used)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add to a mixing bowl, coconut sugar, butter, and egg yolk and beat with a mixer on medium speed until combined. Add vanilla and mix to incorporate.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour and salt. Add flour and salt to mixture and stir to combine. Shape dough into 1-inch balls and dip into slightly whipped egg white. Roll each ball into crushed walnuts and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Press thumb into the center of each ball and make an impression deep enough for adding jam. Add 1 teaspoon fruit spread to cookie centers. Bake cookies until golden, 8-10 minutes. Remove cookies and allow to cool before eating.
We need your feedback! Let us know what you thought about this recipe or anything else you’d like to see on SkinnyMs. Leave a comment in the section below. We appreciate it!