Put a healthier spin on a classic!
Who said clean eating and bread couldn’t be in the same sentence? Not Skinny Ms.! Introducing the super awesome, mouth-watering (and still healthy!) Clean Eating Zucchini Bread recipe. We are so excited to share this clean living treat with you and we know you’ll want to share it with everyone you know too. Going to a party? Bring the zucchini bread. Need an easy and accessible after-school snack alternative? That’s right, zucchini bread!
Some added bonuses? Did you know that zucchini is an excellent source of vitamin C and dietary fiber? It sure is. And even though all vegetables are pretty great, zucchini just so happens to also be one of the lowest calorie vegetables. Perfect!
Add some walnuts or pecans for a little extra texture and an excellent protein pick-me-up. The Skinny Ms. clean eating zucchini bread recipe is sure to become a new favorite for you and the whole family. So what are you waiting for? Whip some up today!
Clean Eating Zucchini Bread
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 1 1/2 cups zucchini grated (use small wholes on the grater)
- 1 1/2 cups white whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup buttermilk non-fat, optional kefir or Greek yogurt
- 1 egg large
- 1 egg yolk
- 2/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon ginger freshly grated (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease and flour one 9 x 5-inch loaf pans, set aside.
- Place nuts on a baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes. Allow to cool while preparing batter.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together buttermilk, eggs, oil, sugar, ginger, and vanilla. Be sure the ingredients are well combined. Add combined dry ingredients to batter, stir just until incorporated. Fold in grated zucchini and nuts.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake 55-60 minutes, or until a fork inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Allow to cool 15 minutes in the pan then carefully run a butter knife around the edges, before inverting onto a wire rack. Cool completely before serving.
- For two loaves: Double the ingredients and use 3 eggs. Grease and flour two loaf pans.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms