Stay hydrated with our Cleansing Cucumber Lemonade! The fresh-squeezed lemon juice in this revitalizing beverage delivers powerful detoxing properties. Lemon juice flushes toxins and alkalizes the body. Alkalizing is a process that involves consuming foods high on the pH scale. The American diet tends to be too acidic. We consume a lot of low-pH foods like soda and cheese. Our bodies need to be alkalized to maintain optimal health. Sipping some homemade lemonade can help balance your pH level. Alkalizing your body and maintaining a balanced pH level has been linked to a lower risk of heart disease and cancer.
Cucumber is a natural refresher rich in minerals and powerful anti-inflammatory properties. A couple slices will hydrate your system and help you mellow out. It can be tough to drink enough water daily, especially if you’re not used to drinking a lot of water. Although it’s important to drink eight glasses of water a day, adding cucumber to your beverages is a great way to start the hydration process.
One sip of this relaxing cucumber lemonade will conjure up images of lazy summer afternoons and fill you with nutrients. Drink it in at home alone or serve it at a luncheon. How fresh!
Cleansing Cucumber Lemonade
- 1 pound cucumbers, peeled if waxy, unpeeled if organic and not waxy, chopped, save 1/2 cup of sliced cucumbers for garnish
- 2 cups lemon juice, freshly squeezed (about 15 lemons)
- 8 cups water, divided
- 2/3 cup raw honey
- 12 ice cubes
- Place chopped cucumbers in the blender with 1 to 2 cups of the water. Strain through a fine mesh sieve into a bowl or into the pitcher, pressing with the back of a ladle to get all of the juice through the sieve. Discard pulp. Add ice on top of cucumber.
- Heat 1-1/2 cups of the water on a stove top over high heat until steaming, but not boiling. Remove from heat and whisk in honey until dissolved.
- Pour honey mixture, lemon, and water over ice and cucumber. Stir well to combine. Enjoy!
Need more ways to stay hydrated and alkalized? Leave us a comment below about this article or anything else you’d like to see on the site.