Ultra rich and creamy dessert filled with superfood benefits.
This homemade pudding recipe is a keeper! We make our banana and coconut cream pudding with honey instead of refined sugar. Coconut milk gives a distinctive flavor and is a good source of B vitamins, which help produce energy, and magnesium, which is great for your heart and nervous system. You’ll also get a nice dose of antioxidants from this pudding. Amazing texture and flavor aren’t the only things pudding can offer you!
Coconut-Banana Cream Pudding
- 1/4 cup cornstarch or arrowroot
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup pure honey
- 1 1/2 cups lite coconut milk canned is preferred
- 2 egg yolks slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes unsweetened
- 2 bananas slice into 1/2 inch pieces
- In a heavy saucepan, mix cornstarch and salt. Add honey and egg yolks to dry ingredients, gradually stir in milk until it's well combined. Cook over medium-low heat while stirring continuously to prevent sticking. Cook until desired thickness, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add coconut and vanilla extract, stir. Layer pudding and sliced bananas, serve in individual dessert dishes and allow to cool about 15 minutes. This pudding is best served warm.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms