Mini Banana Pudding cups with loads of flavor.
Satisfy your sweet tooth without packing on the pounds by making this skinny banana pudding recipe! We’ve given the classic sweet treat a skinny makeover, and your body will thank you. This mini dessert is perfectly portioned so you can enjoy this ultra-rich treat without giving a second thought to blowing your healthy-eating plan.
Forget store-bought pudding cups that overload you with gelatinous textures and overly sugary flavors! This homemade pudding is a seriously underrated treat that takes dessert to a whole new level. We absolutely love it because it delivers the perfect amount of sweetness and rich, indulgent character, minus any artificial ingredients. Want to learn how to pull it off? Read on to learn how!
A Decadent, Yet Healthy Dessert
Each spoonful of this skinny banana pudding recipe satisfies with both flavor and texture. It starts with that creamy, melt-in-your-mouth banana goodness. Then, each pudding cup is topped with delicious chopped almonds to add crunch. It all comes together to create a healthy dessert your taste buds will love.
We Use Clean Ingredients
Unlike traditional recipes, our Skinny Banana Pudding recipe ditches refined sugars, relying instead on coconut sugar and the natural sweetness of bananas. As a result, our recipe boasts a lower sugar and carbohydrate profile than its counterparts. That means this perfectly creamy dessert will satisfy all your post-dinner cravings without wrecking your waistline.
Each satisfying serving clocks in at just 102 calories a cup, a small fraction of the calories you’ll find with traditional desserts! If you love this skinny dessert, be sure to check out our Skinny Mini – Strawberry Cheesecake!
How To Make Skinny Banana Pudding
Despite its lovely presentation, this decadent recipe doesn’t take much effort to throw together! The first part of our recipe focuses on the almonds. Roast ten whole almonds in an oven preheated for 325 degrees Fahrenheit. When they’re toasted, remove the nuts and mince them using a knife or in a food processor.
Next, combine the cornstarch, salt, and sugar in a small saucepan. Add the egg yolk and gradually stir in the milk until the ingredients are well combined. Continuously stir the mixture until it becomes a pudding-like consistency before turning off the heat and adding the vanilla.
Now comes the fun part! Gather your banana slices and layer them with the pudding in your favorite dessert dish. Finish with the crumbled almonds as a topping, and voila: Your gorgeous sweet treats are ready!
We’re Going Bananas For Bananas!
Anything banana themed has our vote and for a good reason! Research shows bananas can help stabilize blood sugar levels and boost digestion. Meanwhile, this beloved yellow fruit can also aid in weight loss! The fiber in bananas makes the superfood quite filling, which can help reduce your appetite and curb cravings. This tasty banana pudding won’t just satisfy your cravings; it’ll have you reaping all of these amazing health benefits as well!
Skinny Mini Desserts - Banana Pudding
- 10 almonds whole
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- dash of kosher or sea salt
- 3 tablespoons coconut palm sugar
- 1 egg yolk slightly beaten
- 3/4 cup milk 1 or 2% is recommended, (optional canned lite coconut milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 bananas thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees f. Roast almonds for 12 minutes and allow to cool while preparing pudding. After cooled, mince almonds in a food processor or use a knife.
- In a saucepan, combine cornstarch, salt, and sugar. Add egg yolk to dry ingredients. Gradually stir in milk and continue stirring until well combined. Turn to medium heat and cook while stirring constantly. Continue cooking until a pudding-like consistency.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla. While still warm, alternate pudding with bananas in dessert dishes. Sprinkle minced almonds on top of the pudding. Top with whipped topping if desired. Click here for our clean eating Whipped Topping recipe.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
What did you think of this skinny banana pudding? Be sure to let us know in the comment section below!
For more waistline-friendly desserts that taste delicious, check out some of our favorites below!
- Delicious Vegan Desserts for the Holidays
- 12 Desserts Under 150 Calories
- Desserts You Can Enjoy While Losing Weight
- 8 Healthy Desserts That Will Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth and Leave You With Zero Guilt
Editor’s note: This recipe was originally published on April 3, 2013.