Who doesn’t love banana pudding? Now you can enjoy this comfort-food dessert at only 102 calories per serving. This Skinny Mini Dessert is perfectly portioned so that you can enjoy this ultra rich treat without giving a second thought to blowing your healthy eating plan. Be sure to check out our Skinny Mini – Strawberry Cheesecake!
Yields: 6 | Serving Size: 3.2 ounces | Calories: 102 | Total Fat: 2 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 37 | Carbohydrates: 19 g | Sodium: 24 mg | Dietary Fiber: 1 g | Sugars: 14 g | Protein: 2 g | SmartPoints: 5
- 10 whole almonds
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Dash of Kosher or sea salt
- 3 tablespoons coconut palm sugar
- 1 egg yolk, slightly beaten
- 3/4 cup milk, 1 or 2% is recommended, (optional canned lite coconut milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 bananas, thinly sliced
- 6 (4 ounce) dessert dishes
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees f. Roast almonds 12 minutes and allow to cool while preparing pudding. After cooled, mince almonds in a food processor or use a knife.
- In a saucepan, combine cornstarch, salt and sugar. Add egg yolk to dry ingredients. Gradually stir in milk and continue stirring until well combined. Turn to medium heat and cook while stirring constantly. Continue cooking until a pudding like consistency.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla. While still warm, alternate pudding with bananas in dessert dishes. Sprinkle minced almonds on top of pudding. Top with whipped topping if desired. Click here for our clean eating Whipped Topping recipe.