A classic side-dish for every BBQ!
No Southern meal is complete without this comfort side. Our Creamy Southern Style Coleslaw will make it so easy, you’ll want to prepare it for every meal! This coleslaw calls for simple ingredients, which you probably already have at home. Simply toss the crisp veggies in clean mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, and mustard, so you get a perfect blend of creamy and crunchy textures.
If you want to change things up, add some thin slices of fresh apple. This is a great side dish for any summer meal or barbecue! The cool flavors make it nice and refreshing for those hot days.
Creamy Southern Style Coleslaw
- 1/2 cup clean mayonnaise we used Primal Kitchen Mayo, more to taste
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt plain
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 head green cabbage shredded
- 1 cup purple cabbage shredded
- 2 carrots medium, peeled and shredded
- 1 sweet white onion small, sliced thin strips
- 2 granny smith apples sliced into thin strips (optional for added sweetness)
- Whisk together mayonnaise, yogurt, mustard, honey, vinegar, lemon juice, celery salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl.
- In a second large mixing bowl, toss together green and purple cabbage, carrot, onion, and apples (if using). Gradually pour the mayonnaise mixture over the top and mix to coat the cabbage.
- Allow to sit for 5 minutes and stir before serving.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms