Mix up a healthier potato salad at your next cookout!
Potato salad is delicious anytime of the year. Loaded with processed mayonnaise, and sometimes refined sugar, it’s not usually the healthiest on the menu. The Skinny Ms. version of a classic is made by adding a few veggies and using vegan mayo combined with two types of mustard. We also use red potatoes which have more nutritional value than white potatoes. This creamy vegan potato salad will satisfy both your tastebuds and your waistline.
Feel free to leave the peelings on the potatoes for even an extra nutritional boost. Did you know potatoes contain antioxidants and phytonutrients? Some of these are carotenoids, flavonoids, and patatin, which fight against free radicals.
Creamy Vegan Potato Salad
- 2 pounds red potatoes peeled and cubed, about 5 medium
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 1 radish halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cucumber slices thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sweet onion diced
- 1 tablespoon carrots shredded
- 1 teaspoon sea salt more or less to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- Add potatoes to a large pot of water, add 1/2 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a low-boil and cook until tender when pierced with a fork. Drain potatoes and allow to cool to room temperature or about 30 minutes without the lid.
- In a small bowl combine mayo, dijon, and whole-grain mustard.
- Add mayo mixture and remaining ingredients and toss gently until combined. Transfer potato salad to a large serving bowl and refrigerate a few hours until flavors have had time to combine..
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms