Baking can yield the same crispy texture as frying, without the fat!
Who doesn’t love a good crispy Parmesan chicken filet? With a crunchy coating, and a savory, cheesy crust, it makes for a comforting meal that satisfies. Unfortunately, most versions are coated in starchy breadcrumbs and then deep fried in oil to get that classic crispy texture. Often topped with more cheese, it’s a calorie bomb and a dieter’s nightmare.
This version is different. Still as satisfying as ever, it’s coated with crunchy almonds and then baked instead of fried. It’s a delicious, gluten-free, lower carb option that will leave you satisfied without the guilt. Serve it with some sautéed greens for a a healthy meal, or top with sugar free marinara and low fat mozzarella for a more traditional Italian meal.
Crispy Baked Parmesan Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 cup almonds finely chopped
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 16 ounces boneless and skinless chicken breasts pounded to an even thickness
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/4 cup parsley fresh, chopped - for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine the almonds, cheese, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Dip each chicken breast in the beaten egg and coat in the almond mixture. Lay on the baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes, until chicken is golden and cooked through.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms