Rich and sweet, the perfect weekend breakfast treat.
I’ll be honest, I am a total die-hard fan when it comes to seasonal flavors.
My signature coffee order changes four times a year. It doesn’t matter what it is; I need to order every special flavor Dunkin’ and Starbucks release for the season.
In the summer, all of my baking is lemon-flavored. Easter is my least favorite holiday, but I still have an entire Pinterest board just for chocolate eggs and marshmallow chicks. I don’t even like gingerbread, but you’d better believe I bake dozens of gingerbread cookies every December.
When it comes to fall flavors, take this commitment and magnify it by a thousand. Fall has so many signature flavors ripe for so many delicious flavor combos and I am in love with every single one of them.
This apple maple pecan french toast may be a mouthful to say, but it’s also a mouthful of fall flavors and I am so here for it. If you’re searching for the perfect fall breakfast, this is it. Not only does it taste delicious, but the slow cooker method will also fill your house with rich fall scents for hours.
Now, when it comes to breakfast, chances are your slow cooker isn’t the first thing you reach for. After all, why would you slow cook a meal that literally has the word “fast” in the name? Semantics aside, slow cookers are in, and they’re perfect for serving up hearty, home cooked meals all day long. This crock pot apple maple pecan french toast is a tasty and leisurely way to start off a fall morning. So clear your weekend schedule and set aside a Sunday morning to enjoy this flavorful (and skinny!) fall indulgence.
Again, in my humble opinion, fall boasts some of the best flavors of the year. With apples, maple, and pecans, this french toast is a seasonal heavy hitter. Fortunately, some of fall’s tastiest signature flavors also happen to be naturally light and healthy. For example: apples. Along with coconut sugar, almond milk, and whole-wheat bread, this pecan french toast is a seasonal indulgence you can feel good about.
Still skeptical about Crock Pot breakfast? The slow cooker may seem like a lengthy method for the most important meal of the day, but trust us, it’s worth it. The slow cooker is key to getting the most of the rich flavors this pecan french toast has to offer. Left in the slow cooker, apple, cinnamon, and maple flavors seep deeply into the warm french toast base. Meanwhile, their aroma will also fill your house, making for a soothing and delicious fall morning.
Crock Pot Apple Maple Pecan French Toast
- 12 slices whole-wheat baguette 1 inch thick
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 apple large, peeled and diced small
- 1/2 lemon freshly squeezed
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- Spray a 5-7 quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange baguette slices on the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, coconut sugar, maple syrup, vanilla and cinnamon. Drizzle over the baguette slices, making sure to cover each slice completely with the egg mixture.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the apples with the lemon juice, tossing to coat. Place apple mixture on top of the egg covered baguette slices and sprinkle pecans on top. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low for 4-5 hours, or until cooked through. Serve and enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
For another seasonal favorite, check out our Pumpkin French Toast!