We are so excited to share this delicious recipe submitted by one of our readers, Jennifer Bridgeforth. Her curry turkey burgers were an important part of her recent weight loss journey. Healthy burgers are a great option for dieters because they allow you to eat healthier and leaner without feeling deprived. Turkey burgers are just as juicy and delicious as regular beef burgers, but they contain much less saturated fat than a traditional burger.
You can toss a little of our homemade barbecue sauce and some pineapples to create a tropical burger, or mix up a batch of our healthy chili with a sprinkle of raw onion and cheese for a chili cheese turkey burger.
These curry turkey burgers are especially delicious and healthy. Curry spice means you get a dose of turmeric, one of the healthiest spices available!
Find more of Jennifer’s delicious recipes on her Pinterest boards.
Yields: 5 servings | Serving Size: 1 burger | Calories: 383 | Total Fat: 8.4 g | Saturated Fat: 2.8 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 92 mg | Sodium: 450 mg | Carbohydrates: 41.4 g | Dietary Fiber: 3.2 g | Sugars: 7.2 g | Protein: 36.7 g | SmartPoint (Freestyle): 2 |
- 1 1/3 pounds lean ground turkey breast, the average weight of 1 package
- 1 egg
- 2 Green Peppers, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons mild curry paste or a handful of curry powder
- Drizzle extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 crusty whole grain rolls, split
- Sliced vine-ripe tomatoes
- Mango chutney (optional)
- Combine ingredients and form into 5 patties.
- Brush or drizzle patties with extra-virgin olive oil. Grill patties 6 minutes on each side on indoor electric grill or pan fry for same amount of time in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Pile patties on split crusty rolls with lettuce, tomato, and chutney spread liberally on roll tops as a condiment.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
What’s your favorite healthy burger recipe? Fill us in in the comments section below.