This flavorful burger will have you coming back for seconds!
We are so excited to share this delicious recipe submitted by one of our readers, Jennifer Bridgeforth. Her curry turkey burgers were an important part of her recent weight loss journey. Healthy burgers are a great option for dieters because they allow you to eat healthier and leaner without feeling deprived. Turkey burgers are just as juicy and delicious as regular beef burgers, but they contain much less saturated fat than a traditional burger.
You can toss a little of our homemade barbecue sauce and some pineapples to create a tropical burger, or mix up a batch of our healthy chili with a sprinkle of raw onion and cheese for a chili cheese turkey burger.
These curry turkey burgers are especially delicious and healthy. Curry spice means you get a dose of turmeric, one of the healthiest spices available!
Find more of Jennifer’s delicious recipes on her Pinterest boards.
Curry Turkey Burgers
- 1 1/3 pounds lean ground turkey breast the average weight of 1 package
- 1 egg
- 2 green peppers diced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro minced
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons mild curry paste or a handful of curry powder
- extra virgin olive oil drizzled
- 5 crusty whole grain rolls split
- vine ripe tomatoes sliced
- mango chutney optional
- Combine ingredients and form into 5 patties.
- Brush or drizzle patties with extra-virgin olive oil. Grill patties 6 minutes on each side on an indoor electric grill or pan fry for the same amount of time in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Pile patties on split crusty rolls with lettuce, tomato, and chutney spread liberally on roll tops as a condiment.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
What’s your favorite healthy burger recipe? Fill us in in the comments section below.