We promise you will love this healthy, clean take on brownies!
Our Dark Chocolate Avocado Brownies may sound a little unconventional, but we promise you will love this healthy, clean take on brownies! We’ve used whole wheat flour instead of white, and sweetened them only with maple syrup. Coconut oil and avocado add healthy fats and a nutritional boost. These brownies are super simple to make, and taste so good your whole family will be begging for more!
Dark Chocolate Avocado Brownies
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat flour optional almond flour for gluten-free recipe
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 egg
- 1 avocado ripe, peeled, pitted, and mashed smooth
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips recommend Enjoy Life
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly spray an 8X8 inch pan with non-stick spray.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together egg, avocado, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and maple syrup. Mix well until smooth. Gradually add the flour mixture to the avocado mixture and blend well, Gently fold in chocolate chips and pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before cutting. Store refrigerated in an airtight container.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
What did you think of this recipe? Please share your thoughts with us in the comments! We value your feedback!