Fight nature with nature.
As we age, our skin naturally begins to wear down. On top of that, facing natural elements like the sun, cold, and wind takes an even greater toll. While aging is inevitable, there are easy and inexpensive ways to slow the process down! You can fight off loose skin with just two simple ingredients. This loose skin tightening DIY recipe will firm-up your skin and give you a long lasting, youthful appearance.
Ingredients and Why They Work:
Cucumber – Cucumbers contain key nutrients which are capable of naturally restoring the skin. Vitamins C and K are both antioxidants that fight off wrinkle-causing free radicals. The beneficial skin-tightening ingredient in cucumbers is silica, which promotes connective tissue growth.
Egg White – Egg whites naturally cause skin to tighten, providing you with a lifted, youthful look!
DIY for Loose Skin Tightening
- Cut a cucumber in half and peel the skin off one half.
- Slice the peeled half into smaller chunks, no bigger than 1 inch each.
- Using a blender on medium speed, blend for 2 minutes or until the mixture is turned into pulp.
- Place a strainer over a bowl and place the pulp onto the strainer.
- Allow the juice to drain into the bowl and use a spoon to push out any additional juice into the bowl.
- Add 1 egg white and lightly mix together.
- Apply this mixture to any part of your body or face which needs tightening.
- Leave it on for 15 minutes and rinse off with cool water.
- Use this mask 1-2 times a week for best results.
Sources: Livestrong, WikiHow
Did you love the way this mask made you feel? If so, you’ll love these other beautifying, at-home ideas as well: