Whether your Monday is starting out slowly after a long weekend, or your Friday feels exhausting after the work week, your body needs to recuperate. Stress, environmental factors, and food choices all drain our mental and physical energy and have negative effects on our skin. This sea salt bath detox provides the perfect combination of ingredients to help relax our muscles and mind while detoxing our skin. Find a relaxing playlist and get ready to soak.
Key Ingredients and Why They Work:
Sea Salt – Sea salts are great for removing toxins from the body. They are also high in potassium, which helps soothe muscles and prevent spasms.
Epsom Salt – It’s properties will aid in sweating out toxins from your body, relieve muscle ache and inflammation in your body to make this bath soothing.
Apple Cider Vinegar – Apple cider vinegar helps restore your skin to it’s natural pH. This is important to guarantee your skin stays healthy. It also makes your skin soft, giving a youthful appearance, while also fighting acne.
What to Do:
1. Combine 1/4 cup of epsom salt, 1/4 of sea salt and\a into a bowl and mix thoroughly.
2. Run your bath water at a high temperature. The hotter the better, but make sure your body can take the heat.
3. As the tub is running, pour the content of the bowl into the tub and 1 cup of apple cider vinegar, preferably by the faucet head to spread and dissolve faster.
4. Make sure the tub is not filled high enough to the point it will overflow and slowly submerge your entire body into the tub.
5. Keep your body underwater for 30-35 minutes to get the best benefits of this detox.
6. You should detox once a week to get the best benefits
Additional Tips: To make this detox more relaxing, you can add some essential oil such as lavender for relaxation, eucalyptus to fight congestion or peppermint to aid in soothing muscles. You can also gently massage your skin to circulate your blood blow.