Brush your way to radiant skin.
Due to the rigors of everyday life, our skin takes a beating daily, making skin care essential. Our cells regenerate, but without proper care, our skin isn’t able to fully remove dead cells to allow healthy ones to replace them and truly represent us.
Dry brushing has picked up attention as a technique with amazing results. With simple movements over the entire body, cell stimulation allows skin to regenerate and become renewed.
Dry brushing offers numerous benefits:
Exfoliation – Our skin is our largest organ and is also our largest waste removal system. Removing dead cells allows healthy and new cells to receive nutrients from the sun and from oils you may put on your body, which in turn will give your skin a natural glow.
Cellulite Reduction – Cellulite can be a common problem for many people. Caused by trapped toxins in fat cells, cellulite can be reduced by regular dry brushing practice. The motions of brushing help stimulate fat cells, which aids in releasing the toxins.
Soft Skin – Through dead skin removal, dry brushing also unclogs your pores, aiding in nutrient absorption and directly allowing your skin to become soft and supple.
Lymphatic Stimulation – The lymphatic system is part of our circulatory system. By stimulating it, dry brushing allows our body to increase its drainage of toxins.
Invigoration – Dry brushing early in the morning helps awaken your body. Think of it as a caffeine substitute. At night, dry brushing allows your skin to relax and slow down from the day’s work.
How to Dry Brush:
1. There are various dry brushes available. However it is best to purchase one with natural bristles and a long handle to reach all over your body.
2. Stand bare in your tub and starting at your feet, begin to brush upwards towards your chest.
3. Give each area a firm brush, with long strides. Initially your skin will be tender to the brush, but as you continue to brush, your skin will adjust.
4. Once you’ve brushed your entire body, run the shower water and take a regular bath. Cold showers help to increase blood circulation and are an added bonus in skin recovery.
5. Pat your body dry once done.
6. Dry brush twice each day, morning and night before your shower. You can do this everyday for amazing results.
7. Avoid cuts and abrasions and use less pressure on areas that feel more tender.
In between your dry brushing your entire body, you should try these total body workouts to help you sweat and detox some more:
14-Minute Advanced Workout
7-Day Boot Camp Challenge
All-In-One Total Body Workout