With this Easy 6-Ingredient Sesame Chicken, your takeout cravings can become a light and simple weeknight staple. Flavored with sesame and ginger, this meal has an Asian-inspired flair perfect for take-out lovers, while honey and soy sauce make it the sweet and savory dish you crave. With just 6 ingredients, this sesame chicken is perfect for a quick meal on a busy night. Enjoy this entree on its own or served over brown rice or quinoa. If you have extra time (which you probably will!) whip up a batch of our 4-Ingredient Roasted Broccoli as a tasty and easy side dish!
Yields: 4 servings | Calories: 331 | Total Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 85mg | Sodium: 655mg | Carbohydrates: 16g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 13g | Protein: 24g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 11
- 2 (6 to 8 ounce) boneless and skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely grated or minced
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- In a skillet on very high heat, cook the chicken until firm, golden brown, and cooked through.
- Stir in the garlic and ginger and cook for one minute. Reduce the heat to medium and stir in the soy sauce and honey. Bring to a simmer and cook until a sauce forms coating the chicken. Remove from heat and add the sesame seeds. Serve over brown rice or quiona and enjoy!
For more easy dinners like this one, check out our roundup of 17 Quick and Easy Chicken Dinners!
Planning your dinners for the week? Follow us on Facebook for a daily dose of weeknight inspiration!