Veggie dishes like cooked broccoli are often ignored. Luckily, you can prevent vegetable neglect and make broccoli the tastiest dish on your table by roasting it! A popular cooking method that does wonders to flavor, roasting works its magic especially well with broccoli. Tender florets tossed with olive oil, salt, and pepper taste mouthwatering after spending some quality time in the oven. Baked until brown and crisp, these scrumptious mini roasted broccoli trees are delicious enough to turn anyone into a broccoli lover.
Broccoli’s reputation as one of the healthiest superfoods out there makes this simple dish even better! These nutritional powerhouses are bursting with vitamins and minerals, and boast a low-calorie profile your waistline will thank you for. With just four simple ingredients and even simpler instructions, this roasted broccoli recipe is a breeze to whip up. It’s the perfect delectable side dish to serve at dinner!
Yields: 6 servings | Calories: 65 | Total Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 227mg | Carbohydrates: 7g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Protein: 3g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 2 |
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets, tough bottom stems discarded
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss broccoli with olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread in an even layer on a nonstick baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes on middle rack of the oven, stirring halfway through, until some edges have slightly browned and broccoli is tender.
What’s your favorite way to enjoy broccoli? Let us know! Leave a comment in the section below about this article or anything else you’d like to see on SkinnyMs.