Mmmm…. Chocolate…. By now you’ve probably heard that your favorite creamy dessert can be better for you than we once thought. Now you can enjoy this Easy Clean-Eating Chocolate Syrup recipe without the guilt! Our recipe is free of refined cane sugar and has the antioxidant health benefits of cocoa and dark chocolate. And with only a few ingredients, it’s a breeze to prepare.
The best thing about this syrup is its versatility. It’s an ingredient that can be used in and as a topping for many, many recipes. This syrup can be used as topping forOld-Fashioned Pancakes, or drizzled over Creamy Vanilla Frozen Yogurt, sorbet, or Mini Strawberry Cheesecake.
You might also like our Chocolate Lovers Recipe Roundup.
Yields: 24 servings | Serving size: 2 tablespoons | Calories: 76 | Total Fat: 2 g | Saturated Fats: 2 g |Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 43 mg | Carbohydrates: 15 g | Dietary fiber: 1 g | Sugars: 13 g | Protein: 1 g| SmartPoints (Freestyle): 4
- 1 ½ cups coconut palm sugar, or other unrefined granulated sweetener
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- Dash of kosher or sea salt
- 1 cup lite coconut milk, canned
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together sweetener, cocoa, corn starch, and salt. Gradually stir in coconut milk, bring to a boil over medium-high heat, reduce heat to a simmer and cook until thickened and smooth, approximately 10 minutes. Remove from heat, add vanilla and stir to combine.
- Allow to cool at room temperature, pour into a glass jar with lid, and refrigerate.
What’s your favorite way to enjoy chocolate? Fill us in on your preferred method of indulgence in our comments section below.