Enjoy, without guilt.
Mmmm…. Chocolate…. By now you’ve probably heard that your favorite creamy dessert can be better for you than we once thought. Now you can enjoy this Easy Clean-Eating Chocolate Syrup recipe without the guilt! Our recipe is free of refined cane sugar and has the antioxidant health benefits of cocoa and dark chocolate. And with only a few ingredients, it’s a breeze to prepare.
The best thing about this syrup is its versatility. It’s an ingredient that can be used in and as a topping for many, many recipes. This syrup can be used as topping forOld-Fashioned Pancakes, or drizzled over Creamy Vanilla Frozen Yogurt, sorbet, or Mini Strawberry Cheesecake.
You might also like our Chocolate Lovers Recipe Roundup.
Easy Clean-Eating Chocolate Syrup
- 1 1/2 cups coconut palm sugar or other unrefined granulated sweetener
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- dash of kosher or sea salt
- 1 cup lite coconut milk canned
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together sweetener, cocoa, corn starch, and salt. Gradually stir in coconut milk, bring to a boil over medium-high heat, reduce heat to a simmer and cook until thickened and smooth, approximately 10 minutes. Remove from heat, add vanilla and stir to combine.
- Allow to cool at room temperature, pour into a glass jar with lid, and refrigerate.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
What’s your favorite way to enjoy chocolate? Fill us in on your preferred method of indulgence in our comments section below.