Nothing's better than pancakes in the morning!
Pancakes don’t have to be bad for you. In fact, pancakes can be very nutritious if prepared correctly. And believe it or not, they absolutely can be made without unhealthy boxed mixes.Our old fashioned pancakes are the perfect substitute to the unhealthy, full-of-processed-ingredients prepared mixes.
Looking for ideas of what to pair with health pancakes for a complete breakfast? We have plenty of recipes that are just right for your morning meal. Enjoy an egg dish to up the protein ante on your breakfast, or pair the pancakes with a fresh fruit beverage like our piña colada-flavored smoothie. No matter what lies ahead, there is nothing like a delicious, healthy breakfast to help you prepare for your day.
Old Fashion Pancakes
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk all the ingredients together until you have a nice, smooth batter.
- Using an oil sprayer, lightly coat a non-stick pan with a healthy oil and pour the batter into the pan. Cook until the pancakes are cooked through, flipping them as needed.
- Serve with honey, maple syrup or fruit.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.