Pancakes don’t have to be bad for you. In fact, pancakes can be very nutritious if prepared correctly. And believe it or not, they absolutely can be made without unhealthy boxed mixes. Our old fashioned pancakes are the perfect substitute to the unhealthy, full-of-processed-ingredients prepared mixes.
Looking for ideas of what to pair with health pancakes for a complete breakfast? We have plenty of recipes that are just right for your morning meal. Enjoy an egg dish to up the protein ante on your breakfast, or pair the pancakes with a fresh fruit beverage like our piña colada-flavored smoothie. No matter what lies ahead, there is nothing like a delicious, healthy breakfast to help you prepare for your day.
Yields: 5 servings, about 10 pancakes total | Serving Size: 1/5 of the recipe, about 2 pancakes | Calories: 172 | Total Fat: 5 g | Saturated Fats: 1 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 5 mg | Sodium: 45 mg | Carbohydrates: 23 g | Dietary fiber: 1 g | Sugars: 3 g | Protein: 7 g | SmartPoints: 5 |
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour (not whole wheat flour)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 egg whites
- 1-1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Heart healthy oil in an oil sprayer
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk all the ingredients together until you have a nice, smooth batter.
- Using an oil sprayer, lightly coat a non-stick pan with a heart healthy oil and pour the batter in to the pan. Cook until the pancakes are cooked through, flipping them as needed.
- Serve with honey, maple syrup or fruit.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.