This fun recipe is one of my new favorite breakfast recipes!
These Egg Stuffed Peppers are one of my new favorite breakfast recipes! They’re incredibly easy to make, only require five ingredients, and taste absolutely delicious. Sneaking more veggies into your breakfast dishes is a great way to increase fat loss. Vegetables like bell peppers not only have vitamins and minerals that add valuable nutrition to your day, but they’ll fill you up with fiber, too. Add in protein from the eggs and calcium from the cheese, and this breakfast recipe is a real winner!
We love low-calorie recipes like this that also happen to be low in carbs. Each bell pepper boasts 215 calories, 8 grams of carbs, and 13 grams of protein. The combination of flavors taste fantastic, too, so you won’t feel like you’re missing out by eating “diet” food. Sounds like a great way to get your day started to me!
What Type of Bell Pepper Should I Choose?
You’ll notice our recipe simply asks for four whole bell peppers. There are green, red, orange, and yellow peppers, so how do you know which pepper to choose for these Egg Stuffed Peppers? It’s really up to you and your taste buds! All bell peppers are sweet, but they do have differing flavors.
Green bell peppers are slightly bitter and very strong tasting. They’re not everyone’s favorite, especially young kids. Unless you really love green bell peppers, we might advise against choosing these for your stuffed peppers.
The remaining colors are very similar in taste and could all be used for this recipe! Red peppers are the juiciest and sweetest, while yellow peppers have the most fruit-forward flavor. Orange peppers can be hard to find, but their flavor has in-between characteristics when compared to reds and yellows.
In the end, it’s up to you! If you want to serve a particularly colorful breakfast, try using a combination of red, yellow, and orange bell peppers. You can also use other types of green peppers (like Poblanos or Anaheim pepper) if you want to add some spicy flavor to the dish.
Once you master these Egg Stuffed Peppers, try some other fun stuffed pepper recipes:
- Stuffed Bell Pepper Pizzas
- Stuffed Philly Chicken Peppers Recipe
- Fennel and Sausage Stuffing Stuffed Peppers
5-Ingredient Egg Stuffed Peppers | Easy Breakfast Recipe
- 4 whole bell peppers tops cut off and seeds removed to create a bowl
- 4 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup fat-free cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup green onions chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with nonstick spray. Place the peppers on the baking sheet and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the eggs, salt, and cheddar cheese. Pour into the pepper "bowls" and sprinkle the green onion on top. Carefully place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for about 30 minutes or until tops are golden brown. Let rest for about 5 minutes before serving.The eggs might still be a little "jiggly" but will firm up as the peppers rest.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and we love healthy, easy breakfasts like these egg stuffed peppers. These will fuel you up and keep you going throughout the day with plenty of protein and nutrients to help you feel your best. The best part is, you can put them together and pop them in the oven while you get ready for the day—in just about 30 minutes you’ll have a warm, hearty, low-calorie breakfast waiting for you!
Enjoyed this post? Read more:
- How to Make Slow Cooker Stuffed Bell Peppers
- Stuffed Bell Peppers with Mexican Rice
- Bell Pepper Turkey Sandwich
- Effortless 5-Ingredient Stuffed Peppers
Check out our Facebook page and follow us on Instagram and Pinterest for more tasty recipes, clean eating tips, workouts, and other healthy lifestyle resources. Be sure to subscribe to our eNewsletter and receive the latest content straight to your inbox!
Have you made this egg stuffed peppers recipe? Let us know in the comments!