Simple, savory, and delicious, the perfect weeknight meal!
You may think of bell peppers as a great way to add a little color and crunch to a salad. While they can certainly do that, these veggies have a lot of potential left unsliced as well. Mostly hollow, bell peppers are ideal for stuffing, and they can make a great alternative to wraps and other carbs. These Slow Cooker Stuffed Bell Peppers make a delicious and easy weeknight meal.
Bell peppers are a delicious and colorful veggie, and each color has a slightly different flavor. When cooked, these usually crunchy, watery veggies have a warm, earthy flavor that perfectly complements your favorite savory meats and spices.
While stuffed bell peppers often lend themselves well to healthy twists on Southwest favorites, this slow cooker recipe has a more Italian flavor profile. This recipe uses simple, clean, and delicious ingredients like ground turkey, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, egg, and Panko. Cooked in marinara, these Slow Cooker Stuffed Bell Peppers are the healthy twist on Italian you didn’t know you needed.
Now, to make this delicious meal, start by prepping the bell peppers. Cut the tops off the bell pepper and carefully remove the seeds and membranes from the center, hollowing out to create a bowl.
In a large bowl mixing bowl, combine the ground turkey, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, black pepper, egg, and Panko. Mix well and stuff the mixture inside each of the bell pepper bowls.
Next, spray your slow cooker with non-stick spray and place each stuffed pepper inside. Then, just pour the marinara sauce over the top. Finally, cook for 4 hours on high or 6 hours on low. And that’s it! This super easy recipe makes a great weeknight meal, and is a fun way to enjoy your favorite Italian flavors without reverting back to the same old spaghetti and meatballs.
In the slow cooker, the bell peppers become soft and flavorful. The perfect complement to the savory Italian ground turkey filling.
When I’m not sure what to make for dinner, ground turkey is one of my first go-to ingredients. This recipe is a fun and easy new way to use ground meat, in case taco Tuesday is on the verge of becoming taco Wednesday, Thursday, Friday…
You get the picture. Putting a meal together everyday after work is tough, and it’s easy to fall into repetitive meals when you rely on a few staple ingredients. Fortunately, with simple ingredients you probably already have in your fridge and pantry, these Slow Cooker Stuffed Bell Peppers are an easy way to shake up your routine without having to shake up your shopping list.
If you like these Slow Cooker Stuffed Bell Peppers, try out some of these other fun and flavorful stuffed bell pepper recipes:
- Stuffed Bell Peppers
- Asian Stuffed Bell Peppers
- Cheese Stuffed Roasted Bell Peppers
- Fennel and Sausage Stuffing Stuffed Peppers
- Southwestern Stuffed Peppers
- Skinny Bell Pepper Nacho Boats
Check out this video to see how to make the recipe:
How to Make Slow Cooker Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 4 bell peppers large, any color
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg large
- 1/4 cup whole-wheat panko breadcrumbs
- 24 ounces marinara jar, no sugar added
- Cut the tops off the bell pepper and carefully remove the seeds from the center to create a bowl.
- In a large bowl combine the ground turkey, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, black pepper, egg, and Panko. Mix well and stuff the mixture inside each of the bell pepper bowls.
- Spray a slow cooker with non-stick spray and place each stuffed pepper inside. Pour the marinara over the top. Cook for 4 hours on high or 6 hours on low. Serve hot.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
For even more clean lifestyle advice, subscribe to our newsletter!