Our Eggnog Macaroons are a perfect holiday sweet treat. Of course we’ve kept them skinny by using wheat flour and adding honey as the only sweetener. We recommend using our Creamy Holiday Eggnog recipe to make these cookies so that they are completely free of artificial sweeteners. Shredded coconut gives these cookies a nice texture, and nutmeg adds a hint of holiday spice.
These macaroons would be welcomed at any holiday gathering or cookie exchange, and no one need ever know that they’re skinny! They would go well served with coffee, hot cocoa, or even a glass of skim milk.
Yields: 12 servings | Serving Size: 2 cookies | Calories: 174 | Total Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 28mg | Carbohydrates: 11g | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Protein: 3g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 9
- 3 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup eggnog (option, Skinny Ms. Holiday Eggnog)
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a cookie sheet with nonstick spray or line with parchment paper.
- Mix all ingredients until well combined. If mix is too wet to form into cookies, add a tablespoon of flour. Once proper consistency, drop by spoonfuls (about 1 tablespoon each) until prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes until cookies just begin to brown. Remove form oven and cool before serving. If desired, sprinkle with additional ground nutmeg. Enjoy!
Other holiday sweet treats you might enjoy:
We value your feedback! What did you think of this recipe? Let us know in the comments!