A staple on any Italian dinner table, fennel is a crunchy and sweet vegetable with with a hint of anise flavor that is delicious when it’s allowed to take center stage. The veggie side dish is enhanced with just a bit of Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, and olive oil, letting the fennel shine on its own. Pair this with a chicken or fish dish, and your guests will be scrambling for seconds.
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe | Calories: 277 | Total Fat: 19 g | Saturated Fat: 5 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 11 mg | Sodium: 250 mg | Carbohydrates: 20 g | Dietary Fiber: 7 g | Sugars: 0 g | Protein: 9 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 9
- 3 fennel bulbs, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven at 365 degrees F.
- In a baking dish, combine all the ingredients except the extra virgin olive oil, making sure that they are mixed well.
- Drizzle the extra virgin olive oil, making sure that the fennel are coated well.
- Bake in the the oven at 365 degrees F for 30 minutes or until the color becomes golden brown.
We’d love to hear what you think. Leave us a comment in the comments section below.