Discover fennel in this tasty side dish!
A staple on any Italian dinner table, fennel is a crunchy and sweet vegetable with with a hint of anise flavor that is delicious when it’s allowed to take center stage. The veggie side dish is enhanced with just a bit of Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, and olive oil, letting the fennel shine on its own. Pair this with a chicken or fish dish, and your guests will be scrambling for seconds.
- 3 fennel bulbs coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 365 degrees F.
- In a baking dish, combine all the ingredients except the extra virgin olive oil, making sure that they are mixed well.
- Drizzle the extra virgin olive oil, making sure that the fennel is coated well.
- Bake in the oven at 365 degrees F for 30 minutes or until the color becomes golden brown.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
We’d love to hear what you think. Leave us a comment in the comments section below.