A celebratory cocktail you can feel good about!
If you’re looking for the perfect celebratory cocktail to offer guests this 4th of July, look no further! This easy sangria recipe contains everything you need to make this Independence Day special. With sweet white wine, juicy watermelon, tangy pineapple, and ripe berries, this recipe is sure to make a splash at this year’s festivities. A lot of traditional sangria recipes contain sugar or other sweeteners, but this red, white, and blue sangria recipe doesn’t need it because the fruit is sweet enough on its own. We’ve pureéd watermelon and added it to the wine and sparkling water for the perfect combination of sweet and tangy flavor making this fruity sangria recipe a go-to for adding refreshing fun to your 4th of July festivities.
To add a little more spirit to your batch, try using a cookie cutter to cut the pineapple into festive American stars. Don’t drink? This recipe can be made without the wine. Simply use white grape juice instead.
This easy sangria recipe just might be the best sangria recipe you’ve ever tried. (Yes, even without the added sugar!)
You might also like these Refreshing Summer Drinks.
4th of July Sangria
- 2 bottles Riesling or other sweet white wine, well chilled
- 1/2 cup brandy optional
- 2 liters mineral water seltzer or club soda, well chilled
- 1/2 watermelon divided
- 1/2 pineapple cored, peeled, eyes removed, and chopped
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1/2 pint raspberries or strawberries
- In a large container for punch, combine the wine, seltzer, and brandy (if using). Stir carefully.
- Chop half of the half watermelon into bite-size pieces discarding the rind. Scoop the flesh from the rind of the other half into the blender and puree.
- Add the watermelon puree and the watermelon fruit pieces to the punch. Add the rest of the fruit, and stir carefully again. Serve with a ladle.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Tell us what you think about this recipe in the comments! You made a double batch, didn’t you? 😉
Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter. Also, like our facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Last updated June 15, 2018
thinking this will be great at the pool party this weekend!
Can this be made without alcohol for the kids?
Hailee, Sure, that’s fine.