If you’re looking for the perfect celebratory cocktail to offer guests this 4th of July, look no further! This tasty recipe for red, white, and blue sangria contains everything you need to make this Independence Day special. With sweet white wine, juicy watermelon, tangy pineapple, and ripe berries, this recipe is sure to make a splash at this year’s festivities. A lot of sangria recipes contain sugar or other sweeteners, but this red, white, and blue sangria recipe doesn’t need it because the fruit is sweet enough on its own. We’ve pureéd watermelon and added it to the wine and sparkling water for the perfect combination of sweet and tangy flavor. To add a little more spirit to your batch, try using a cookie cutter to cut the pineapple into festive American stars.
Don’t drink? This recipe can be made without the wine. Simply use white grape juice instead.
You might also like these Refreshing Summer Drinks.
Servings: 12 | Serving Size: 1 glass | Calories: 142 | Total Fat: 1 g | Saturated Fats: 0 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 5 mg | Carbohydrates: 29 g | Dietary Fiber: 4 g | Sugars: 21 g | Protein: 2 g | SmartPoints: 7
- 2 bottles Riesling or other sweet white wine, well chilled
- 1/2 cup brandy (optional)
- 2 liters mineral water, seltzer or club soda, well chilled
- 1/2 watermelon, divided
- 1/2 pineapple, cored, peeled, eyes removed, and chopped
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1/2 pint raspberries or strawberries
- In a large container for punch, combine the wine, seltzer and brandy (if using). Stir carefully.
- Chop half of the half watermelon into bite size pieces discarding the rind. Scoop the flesh from the rind of the other half into the blender and puree.
- Add the watermelon puree and the watermelon fruit pieces to the punch. Add the rest of the fruit, and stir carefully again. Serve with a ladle.
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
Meal planning just got easier! Take the stress out of planning healthy meals your family will love. Try eMeals!
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.