If you crave spring rolls, try out this amazing version that will knock your socks off! Inside these rice paper wrappers you will find a roll of superfood ingredients. Carrot, cucumber, and cabbage all assist with a healthy body. Salmon, even smoked, contains omega-3 fatty acids that help reduce the risk of heart disease. Easy and delicious, you have try these rolls!
Fresh Spring Rolls with Smoked Salmon
- 6 rice paper wrappers 9 inch
- 6 napa cabbage pieces
- 3 to 4 ounces smoked salmon package, in 6 slices
- 1 carrot large, peeled and cut into thin sticks
- 1/2 cucumber peeled and cut into thin strips
- 1 avocado sliced (optional)
- 1/4 cup basil sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Soak one rice paper wrapper at a time in a shallow dish of hot water for about 10 seconds until it is soft and bendable.
- Remove, let the excess water drip off, and lay on a damp paper towel.
- Lay cabbage on the bottom third of the wrapper, top with a piece of salmon, a few pieces of carrot, a couple of pieces of cucumber, a couple of slices of avocado (if using), a bit of basil, and a sprinkle (about 1/2 teaspoon) of sesame seeds.
- Fold the wrapper up over the filling and roll into a tight cylinder, folding in the sides as you go.
- Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling. Cut each finished roll in half.
- Serve rolls immediately or refrigerate for up to 4 hours covered with a damp paper towel so they don’t harden.