When you grow up in the south, chances are pretty good that Momma’s fried chicken made its way to your dinner table on a regular basis. If you miss the crispy, tender flavors of your youth, but you don’t miss all of the greasy fat and calories, you’ll love our Slow Cooker Fried Chicken recipe. This recipe won’t wreak havoc on your healthy eating plan and tastes yummy at the same time. Best of all, since it is a slow cooker recipe, it is easy and convenient. Try our fried chicken recipe for your next family dinner or bring it along to a summer picnic.
Try Slow Cooker Fried Chicken with another southern favorite, Creamy Cabbage and Bok Choy Slaw!
RECIPE SIGNUP: If you’re interested in receiving the newest and best Slow Cooker recipes via email from SkinnyMs., signup here: eNewsletter Signup.
Minimum Crock Pot size: 6 quarts
Yields: Servings 6 | Serving Size: 1/2 Chicken Breast Filet | Calories: 240 | Total Fat: 3 g | Saturated Fat: 0 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 37 mg | Sodium: 84 mg | Carbohydrates: 32 g | Dietary Fiber: 5 g | Sugars: 2 g | Protein: 21 g | SmartPoints: 6 |
- 3 chicken breast filets, 1 lb.
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup low fat buttermilk
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- Lightly spray slow cooker with Olive Oil spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together egg white and buttermilk. Add spices to flour in another bowl for dredging chicken. Add panko crumbs to a shallow dish and spread out for coating.
- Dip filets, one at a time, into the egg mixture and allow the excess to drip off. Dredge each filet into flour mixture and dip again into egg mixture. Coat filets with panko crumbs and press crumbs onto chicken. Complete this process for each filet.
- Mist each filet, on both sides, with Olive Cooking spray and place side by side in the slow cooker. Lightly sprinkle the top of each filet with freshly ground black pepper. Cover and cook on high 2-1/2 hours or until they have reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Remove the lid and allow to continue cooking for 10 minutes. Removing the lid helps the chicken get crunchier.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.