Nothing beats sipping a frothy mug of tea on a chilly day. You don’t need barista skills or special equipment to make your own Frothy Matcha Latte. With only five ingredients, whipping up this delectable drink is a cinch! The beverage calls for milk, matcha tea, ginger powder, vanilla extract, and a clean eating sweetener of your choice.
Matcha is made by grinding an entire green tea leaf into powder. Like conventional green tea, it’s full of antioxidants. However, you absorb more nutrients with matcha since you consume the entire leaf. This simple beverage blends wholesome ingredients into frothy, foamy perfection. If you’re looking for a guilt-free, belly-warming treat, look no further than this matcha latte!
Yields: 1 serving | Calories: 200 | Total Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 58mg | Carbohydrates: 16g | Fiber: 4g | Sugars: 10g | Protein: 6g | SmartPoints: 7 |
- 1 1/4 cups milk (unsweetened almond, coconut, soy, or dairy)
- 1 teaspoon matcha tea powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons raw honey, real maple syrup, coconut palm sugar, or clean eating sweetener of choice
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- On stovetop, warm milk and ginger powder over medium heat until steaming. Do not allow to boil.
- Add milk and ginger to blender along with the matcha tea, sweetener, and vanilla. Cover blender with top and kitchen towel and hold top down. Start blending on low and increase to high for about 30 seconds, until frothy.
- Pour into mug and stir in sweetener, if desired. Alternatively, a milk frother can be used to froth the steamed milk. The matcha powder can be stirred in along with the sweetener.
Let us know what you thought about this article or anything else on the site. Leave a comment below!