Give an underrated vegetable the attention it deserves! This Garlic Sautéed Brussels Sprouts recipe keeps things simple with one main ingredient. Herbs and spices add delicious nuttiness and a delectable fragrance that pairs wonderfully with the garlicky flavor of these sautéed brussels sprouts.
To prepare, sauté the brussels sprouts in olive oil until they flaunt crispy edges and a fork-tender consistency. Black pepper and garlic cloves add a zap of bold flavor to the fiber-rich recipe without adding unnecessary fat and calories. Not to mention, it’s a naturally gluten-free side dish.
Dish up these delicious bites as a yummy side or help yourself when you need a satisfying snack! These veggies are packed with nutrients, fiber and healthy omega-3 fatty acids to keep you feeling and looking your best.
Try pairing our sautéed brussels sprouts with garlic with these other healthy recipes:
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 3/4 cup | Calories: 96 | Total Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium 319mg | Carbohydrates: 11g | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Protein: 4g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 3
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, cleaned, tough stem end removed, and halved
- 2 cloves garlic, cut into thin slices
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Add olive oil to large skillet over medium heat. Add brussels sprouts and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook for about 3 to 5 minutes per side, for a total of 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden on the outside and fork tender.
- Add garlic slices and cook for 1 to 2 minutes more, until garlic is golden and fragrant.
Let us know how the sautéed brussels sprouts recipe worked out for you! Drop us a comment below.