Refreshing infused water with the healing properties of ginger!
Ginger. When we think of this aromatic and spicy rhizome, Asian cuisine comes to mind immediately. Used in many Asian dishes, it imparts fantastic flavor. Ginger has been used for thousands of years and is indigenous to China. It has long been used in herbal medicine for its anti-inflammatory effects, its relief of nausea and gastrointestinal disturbance, and its immune-boosting potential. It is also being studied as a means of preventing colorectal and ovarian cancer.
Water is the healthiest thirst quencher on a hot summer day, and we at Skinny Ms. are offering our favorite flavored water recipes to entice you to drink more. Healthy ingredients infused in the water give subtle flavor and aroma. Ginger, lime and mint make an outstanding drink!
Ginger, Lime, and Mint Flavored Sparkling Water
- 3 ounces ginger peeled and chopped
- 1 lime sliced, organic if possible
- 10 mint leaves fresh, organic if possible
- 6 cups sparkling water
- In a big pitcher, put the ginger, lime, and mint.
- Pour the water and refrigerate for at least three hours. It will taste more if you leave it longer. Cover the pitcher while sitting in the refrigerator.
- When ready to serve, put some ice cubes in the pitcher if you want it really cold.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
If you liked this flavored sparkling water, you will love our other flavored water recipes:
Make sure you subscribe to our newsletter so you don’t miss out anything on Skinny Ms.
We’d love to hear what you think. Leave us a comment in the comments section below.