If you are looking for an elegant appetizer in a glass, combine fruit, vegetables, and cheese as a well-presented appetizer with that special touch your guests will love. Preparing it is only a matter of leaving the pears and asparagus on the griddle for a few minutes. The blue cheese gives the entire appetizer an incredible flavor. With just the right amount of cheese, this appetizer will be unforgettably delicious.
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe | Calories: 141 | Total Fat: 8 g | Saturated Fat: 5 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 22 mg | Sodium: 160 mg | Carbohydrates: 13 g | Dietary Fiber: 2 g | Sugars: 7 g | Protein: 5 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 6
- 2 pears, cored and sliced
- 8 asparagus spears, hard ends discarded
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 ounce butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Over low heat, in a small saucepan, melt the butter.
- When the butter has melted, add the flour and mix until you create a roux.
- Add the milk slowly, mixing the roux continuously.
- When the sauce has thickened, add the salt, nutmeg and 2 ounces of the blue cheese. Mix then turn off the fire immediately. If the sauce thickened too much before serving, thin it out by adding more milk.
- On a griddle, grill the asparagus and the pears.
- To serve, get a small glass, spoon some blue cheese sauce the add the some pears and asparagus. Garnish with the remaining crumbled blue cheese
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.